Source Products Cost Effectively, Don't Overpay!
Module 1 (Product) - How To Bring A Product To Market
- Your 5 alternatives for selling products
- What factors influence which method you choose?
Module 2 (Product) - The Real Costs Involved In Running A Business
- Expected cost of launching a product line
- How much should you expect to spend each month on running your business,
- e.g. cost of accounting, email management, website maintenance, graphics, etc.
Module 3 (Product) - Contract Manufacturing
- What are contract manufacturers?
- How does contract manufacturing help your business grow?
- Where can you find a good contract manufacturer?
- What questions should you ask a contract manufacturer before hiring them?
- When should you expect to pay a contract manufacturer for development?
- Details for an outstanding package designer. He designed the box and tubes for the Queen of Kinks product line.
Module 4 (Product) - Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- What is an RFP?
- How do you write one?
- When do you write one?
Module 5 (Product) - Product Sourcing
- In what ways can you source suppliers?
- How can you use eBay to find a manufacturer?
- How can you source suppliers from China?
- How can you ensure you get a high quality product from China?
- What products should you avoid getting made in China?
- How and when do suppliers expect to be paid?
Module 6 (Product) - Product Pricing
- Understanding the retail chain
- Limitations of different intermediaries
- Margin vs. mark-up
- How to price your product
- Wholesale price vs. retail price
- Cost-plus pricing vs. market-oriented pricing
- How to slash costs & hence price